Gateway to the Arctic

Attached Document or FileDMV Requirements for Kotzebue  Kotzebue Title, Registration & Insurance Requirements
You must have a valid Drivers License to operate any motor vehicle on the streets and roadways in Kotzebue.
If your driver's license is SUSPENDED or REVOKED you cannot drive any motorized vehicle on the streets of Kotzebue.

You can be arrested for Driving While License Revoked (DWLR) even if you never applied for or never had a license.
(Some infractions like Minor Consuming Alcohol carry a license suspension)
After any suspension or revocation period, you must obtain a valid license in order to drive a motor vehicle on the streets and roadways in Kotzebue.

Traffic Regulations
ATV's & Snowmachines in Kotzebue
Starting January 1, 2012, there is a minimum age for drivers of 'off-road' vehicles.
[KMC Sect 10.22.010 Snowmachines & ATVs on city streets and roads]
The driver of the Snowmachine or ATV* shall be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
All vehicle must be insured (for road use) and registered through the Alaska Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

*The ordinance also defines responsible individual, snowmachine & ATV
and there is a fine schedule of $25.00 for 1st offense, $50 for 2nd, $75 for 3rd and $100.00 for 4th or more.

- -

Stop Signs mean FULL STOP or you can get a citation for $110.00!